We believe that everyone is unique and of equal value regardless of academic ability, class, creed, gender, race or wealth…. Mission Statement
The administration of both internal and external examinations has now become a "year round activity”. We also hold mock examinations for Years 10 and 11 (incorporating short fat groups) which run to the same JCQ rules and regulations as external examinations. This familiarises our students with the examination process before the real thing.
Notre Dame High School are committed to making every effort to ensure that the examinations are conducted in a way that will cause as little stress as possible and aim to help all our students achieve their full potential.
Post-Results Services 2018
The exam boards offer a number of post results services which are available to candidates who have not achieved the results they were hoping for. These include a clerical check, in which the exam script is checked to ensure that marks for all the sections of the paper have been added up correctly, and a review of marking, in which the script is checked to ensure that the mark scheme has been applied correctly. Candidates will be able to discuss these options with staff on results day. More information about EARs (Enquiries About Results) and other Post-Results services is available by clicking on the links below, and also on Moodle. The exam boards do charge a fee for most post-results services, but the school will cover the fee in cases when, in the opinion of teaching staff, the EAR is justified.
The final deadline for requests for reviews of marking and requests for copies of exam scripts to reach Mr Hirst, Exams Manager, is Tuesday 18th September.
Mr J Hirst
0114 230 2536
The Summer 2019 Exam Session will start on Monday 13th May 2019 and finish on Tuesday 25th June 2019.
All fees for re-sit exams should be paid using Wisepay. Cash and cheques will no longer be accepted.
“In the schools teach whatever is necessary to equip the students for life.”
St. Julie Billiart, Founder of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur
The Department for Education annually publishes performance data for all schools and academies in the UK in their School Performance Tables Website. To find out more please search their website for "Notre Dame High School" in the "by school name" box or "S103BT" in the "by postcode finder".
We currently use the following exam boards:
AQA - www.aqa.org.uk
OCR - www.ocr.org.uk
Edexcel (Pearson) - www.edexcel.com
Welsh Board - www.wjec.org.uk
Our Sixth Form has an excellent retention rate, with 98% of our 16-19 students completing their courses. The average overall grade achieved at 16-19 level is C.
- JCQ Document - Social Media (1072 Downloads)
- JCQ Privacy Notice (1603 Downloads)
- Edexcel Post-Results Fees 2018-19 (107 Downloads)
- OCR Results Factsheets (1741 Downloads)
- OCR Results Factsheets (1754 Downloads)
- OCR Results Factsheets (1693 Downloads)
- OCR Results Factsheets (1644 Downloads)
- OCR Results Factsheets (1587 Downloads)
- OCR Results Factsheets (1731 Downloads)
- AS & A-level Timeline of Changes (1569 Downloads)
- Exam Performance Data 2017 (568 Downloads)
- AQA Post-Results Fees Flowchart (119 Downloads)
- Edexcel PRS Quick Reference Guide (106 Downloads)
- Replacement Certificates (1066 Downloads)
- Exam_Performance_Data_2016.pdf (1337 Downloads)
- WJEC Post-Results Fees 2018 (96 Downloads)
- JCQ Post-Results Services Booklet 2018 (134 Downloads)
- EARs (Enquiries About Results) Key Dates 2018 (109 Downloads)
- OCR Post-Results Information (107 Downloads)