We believe that everyone is unique and of equal value regardless of academic ability, class, creed, gender, race or wealth…. Mission Statement
The administration of both internal and external examinations has now become a "year round activity”. We also hold mock examinations for Years 10 and 11 (incorporating short fat groups) which run to the same JCQ rules and regulations as external examinations. This familiarises our students with the examination process before the real thing.
Notre Dame High School are committed to making every effort to ensure that the examinations are conducted in a way that will cause as little stress as possible and aim to help all our students achieve their full potential.
Mr J Hirst
0114 230 2536
November 2018 GCSE Re-sit Exams
Results from the November 2018 Maths and English GCSE re-sit exams will be distributed on Thursday 17th January 2019.
December 2018 GCSE Mock Exams
Please click here to view the timetable for the December 2018 mock exam sesion. Every student who is sitting GCSE exams in summer 2019 (including Y10 students who are taking a short fat GCSE option this year) will be sitting a December 2018 mock exam.
Summer 2019 Exam Session
The Summer 2019 Exam Session will start on Monday 13th May 2019 and finish on Tuesday 25th June 2019.
The exam boards have designated Wednesday 26th June as 'contingency day' for the Summer 2019 Exam Session. This means that if exams cannot be held on any day in the 2019 exam session due to circumstances outside the school's control, alternative exams may be have to be held on Wednesday 26th June instead. All candidates for the summer 2019 exam session should remain available until that day. Students and parents are therefore advised not to make holiday travel arrangements before Thursday 27th June 2019.
Payment for Exam Fees
All exam entry fees, where applicable, should be paid using Wisepay.
“In the schools teach whatever is necessary to equip the students for life.”
St. Julie Billiart, Founder of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur
The Department for Education annually publishes performance data for all schools and academies in the UK in their School Performance Tables Website. To find out more please search their website for "Notre Dame High School" in the "by school name" box or "S103BT" in the "by postcode finder".
We currently use the following exam boards:
AQA - www.aqa.org.uk
OCR - www.ocr.org.uk
Edexcel (Pearson) - www.edexcel.com
Welsh Board - www.wjec.org.uk
Our Sixth Form has an excellent retention rate, with 98% of our 16-19 students completing their courses. The average overall grade achieved at 16-19 level is C.
- JCQ Document - Social Media (1152 Downloads)
- JCQ Privacy Notice (1678 Downloads)
- Edexcel Post-Results Fees 2018-19 (190 Downloads)
- OCR Results Factsheets (1811 Downloads)
- OCR Results Factsheets (1832 Downloads)
- OCR Results Factsheets (1762 Downloads)
- OCR Results Factsheets (1712 Downloads)
- OCR Results Factsheets (1658 Downloads)
- OCR Results Factsheets (1800 Downloads)
- AS & A-level Timeline of Changes (1646 Downloads)
- Exam Performance Data 2017 (670 Downloads)
- AQA Post-Results Fees Flowchart (184 Downloads)
- Edexcel PRS Quick Reference Guide (190 Downloads)
- Replacement Certificates (1144 Downloads)
- Exam_Performance_Data_2016.pdf (1418 Downloads)
- WJEC Post-Results Fees 2018 (176 Downloads)
- JCQ Post-Results Services Booklet 2018 (198 Downloads)
- EARs (Enquiries About Results) Key Dates 2018 (191 Downloads)
- OCR Post-Results Information (186 Downloads)