We believe that everyone is unique and of equal value regardless of academic ability, class, creed, gender, race or wealth…. Mission Statement
The administration of both internal and external examinations has now become a "year round activity”. We also hold mock examinations for Years 10 and 11 (incorporating short fat groups) which run to the same JCQ rules and regulations as external examinations. This familiarises our students with the examination process before the real thing.
Notre Dame High School are committed to making every effort to ensure that the examinations are conducted in a way that will cause as little stress as possible and aim to help all our students achieve their full potential.
Summer 2018 Results Distribution
GCSE results will be distributed in the Salle on Thursday 23rd August 2018.
Y11 results will be available for collection between 9:00am and 10:30am.
Y7, Y8, Y9 and Y10 results will be available for collection between 10:30am and 11:30am
If you will not be able to collect your results in person on results day, please complete the 'Collection of Results 2018 (options)' form (available below), indicating which alternative method of collection you would prefer, and return it to Mr Hirst, Exams Manager. Please note, friends or relatives who are collecting results on behalf of somebody else will be asked to show some ID, such as a passport or photocard driving licence. Candidates who would like their results to be posted out should provide a stamped, self-addressed A4 envelope with the options form. No results will be given over the phone.
Post-Results Services 2018
The exam boards offer a number of post results services which are available to candidates who have not achieved the results they were hoping for. These include a clerical check, in which the exam script is checked to ensure that marks for all the sections of the paper have been added up correctly, and a review of marking, in which the script is checked to ensure that the mark scheme has been applied correctly. Candidates will be able to discuss these options with staff on results day. More information about EARs (Enquiries About Results) and other Post-Results services is available by clicking on the links below, and also on Moodle. The exam boards do charge a fee for most post-results services, but the school will cover the fee in cases when, in the opinion of teaching staff, the EAR is justified.
The Summer 2019 Exam Session will start on Monday 13th May 2019 and finish on Tuesday 25th June 2019.
All fees for re-sit exams should be paid using Wisepay. Cash and cheques will no longer be accepted.
“In the schools teach whatever is necessary to equip the students for life.”
St. Julie Billiart, Founder of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur
The Department for Education annually publishes performance data for all schools and academies in the UK in their School Performance Tables Website. To find out more please search their website for "Notre Dame High School" in the "by school name" box or "S103BT" in the "by postcode finder".
We currently use the following exam boards:
AQA - www.aqa.org.uk
OCR - www.ocr.org.uk
Edexcel (Pearson) - www.edexcel.com
Welsh Board - www.wjec.org.uk
Our Sixth Form has an excellent retention rate, with 98% of our 16-19 students completing their courses. The average overall grade achieved at 16-19 level is C.
- JCQ Document - Social Media (1015 Downloads)
- JCQ Privacy Notice (1559 Downloads)
- Edexcel Post-Results Fees 2018-19 (60 Downloads)
- OCR Results Factsheets (1678 Downloads)
- OCR Results Factsheets (1708 Downloads)
- OCR Results Factsheets (1637 Downloads)
- OCR Results Factsheets (1595 Downloads)
- OCR Results Factsheets (1547 Downloads)
- OCR Results Factsheets (1663 Downloads)
- AS & A-level Timeline of Changes (1523 Downloads)
- Exam Performance Data 2017 (491 Downloads)
- AQA Post-Results Fees Flowchart (75 Downloads)
- Edexcel PRS Quick Reference Guide (55 Downloads)
- Replacement Certificates (1013 Downloads)
- Exam_Performance_Data_2016.pdf (1289 Downloads)
- WJEC Post-Results Fees 2018 (54 Downloads)
- JCQ Post-Results Services Booklet 2018 (54 Downloads)
- EARs (Enquiries About Results) Key Dates 2018 (53 Downloads)
- OCR Post-Results Information (53 Downloads)