*** BUSES UPDATE ***
We have been informed that on Saturday, 11th November 2017, First Bus will be upgrading the drivers' ticket machines.
This will mean that some tickets will be sold in smart form only.
This includes the £6 FirstWeek, the £2 FirstDay and the £7.50 GetAbout.
A Mega Travel or 16-18 travel pass will be required, as now, in order to buy the product. The difference will be that the product will be electronically written to the card. Therefore, if there is no card they will be physically unable to issue the product.
In theory, full adult single fare will then be payable. In practice drivers will be able to apply the Vulnerable Persons Policy at their discretion and issue an 80p single.
Mobile tickets (M Tickets) and under 11 fares will not be affected by this change.
Message from First South Yorkshire Limited: Bus Services to Notre Dame School 25th Sept 2017
· Extra bus added to Notre Dame School am. Service 83b from Ecclesfield at 0725 arriving Notre Dame School at 0849
· 780 AM retimed to depart at 810
· 782 AM journey will now pick up at Grenoside, The Angel at 0808.
· 784 AM journey will operate a revised route starting at Chapeltown at 0736. This morning bus will no longer serve High Street, Cross Hill, The Common or Mill Road in Ecclesfield. Also the in Shirecliffe this bus will operate direct via Moonshine Lane and Shirecliffe Road no longer serving Herries Road or Norwood Avenue.
· 785 now included
· 786 AM depatrture retimed to depart Queens Road at 0803
The revised timetable will be attached below as soon as it is available.
Please note, from Sunday 18th September the Child Concessionary Bus and Tram Fare increased from 70p to 80p per journey.
Notre Dame High School has a very wide catchment area drawing on all parts of the city and beyond. Please note that this is a public bus service, not a Notre Dame service. We do work very closely with the companies that run the services to deal with tranport issues. Please open the attachment below to see details of bus services for September 2016.
To apply for a pass please collect an application form from the Travel Information Centre in Sheffield Interchange or download it from: www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/megatravelpass/
16-18 Student Pass
To apply for a pass pick up an application form from the Travel Information Centre in Sheffield Interchange or download it at: www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/16to18/
Zero Fare Pass
Further information can be obtained from the Childrens, Young Peoples and Families Service of Sheffield City Council on telephone 0114 273 5831 or from the Sheffield City Council Home to School Transport Policy which can be found at the following website: http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/education/information-for-parentscarers/schooltravel
1. What happens if the bus does not arrive?
Stay at the bus stop as the Bus Company will always send a replacement service. This applies to Bright Bus (green buses) only. In the event of any problems, you can contact Mrs Vivian on 07585512741 who would have the most up to date information.
2. What happens if it snows?
If there is extreme weather before school. Start to check the school website for information about school opening times. This information will also be shared with local radio stations where appropriate announcements will be made. If there is extreme weather during the day, please ensure you have completed the page in your child's journal/planner instructing the school on what arrangements you would like for your child. If any decisions are made regarding early closure etc, we will contact you via our text messaging service.
3. What if my child loses something on the bus?
Please use the Bus enquiry Form on the school's website. Alternatively contact Mrs Vivian directly.
4. What happens if my child misbehaves on the bus?
We monitor journeys through the use of CCTV. The bus providers take any behaviour seriouslyand school supports them on this. Any pupil that causes damage to the buses, bus stops or shelters and / or does not meet the required standard of behaviour on the bus could :
- Have their pass withdrawn.
- Be banned from the bus.
- Be prosecuted by the Police.
- Be required to pay for any damage they have caused.