From all of us at St Wilfrid’s Centre, a huge heartfelt thank you for your continued support. Our supporters are the driving force behind all we do at St Wilfrid’s Centre, as without your kindness and generosity we wouldn’t be able to carry out our invaluable role in the local community. Thank you!
At the Centre we are all looking forward to our next big fundraising event. In less than 6 weeks, on Friday 13th March, the 2020 Sleep Out is taking place at Bramall Lane, home of Sheffield United Football Club. Participants from the club including Chief Executive Stephen Bettis will join our team, clients and supporters, sleeping out in the John Street Stand for one night only to raise awareness and funds to support our work with vulnerable adults and rough sleepers in the city.
If you or someone you know is a Blades fan, and has always fancied spending the night at Bramall Lane - here’s your chance! We’ll make a night of it with refreshments, a light supper, card games and chat. Over the course of the evening there might well be a Blades’ Legend or two popping in to say hello and wish you goodnight. Bacon sarnies and a spot of yoga to stretch out tired limbs will bring the event to a close in the morning.
How you can support the event:
- Join us! To register for the event or to find out more visit stwilfridscentre.org/events or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tell your friends, family and work colleagues about the event, and sponsor them all to take part!
- Share information about the event on social media (or ask your friends and family to do so) - we post regularly on Facebook and Twitter, and a simple share or retweet will help raise the profile of the event.
- Volunteer at the event - contact us at email@example.com
- Donate to us in your usual way and help us reach our fundraising target of £25,000 to support the work of our incredible welfare team who do such amazing work. We have 5 clients who are going to be sleeping out at Bramall Lane and you could sponsor our clients. You can do this by donating via our website https://www.stwilfridscentre.org/donate
Louise Finnigan, St Wilfrid’s Interim Director said: “This event will help raise much needed money to pay for the salary of one of our welfare workers, who provides one to one support to people who live on the streets or live in temporary accommodation. The need for our services is greater today than it has ever been and by taking part in the Sleep Out you are helping support the needs of some of Sheffield's most vulnerable adults."
If you have any queries regarding this event, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Sleep Out Organiser
0114 255 5720 option 2